Welcome to the Avery-Copp House

averycopphouse1880s.jpg.w560h405The Avery Copp House was built c. 1800 on the banks of the Thames River in Groton, Connecticut. The house passed from generation to generation of the same family, and is a wonderful time capsule of local history. The objects and artifacts within tell the story of life in this lovely Groton neighborhood from just after the Revolutionary, through the Victorian Era, the age of industrialization, mass immigration, the Great Depression, and the years of both World Wars. The museum is located on three acres of terraced grounds overlooking the river with beautiful gazebos and a Carriage House that now contains our archive storage facility.